Wild Runners Beware!
- Keep peace with the animals and plants.
- Make every recycling effort count. The Organizer will provide recycling bins for plastic bottles, cans, and fruit wastes at each Refreshment Point. Officials will also be arranged to assist and guide wild runners to recycle them correctly as to reduce the amount of solid waste created in the event.
- Leave no trace. Do not litter, love the environment
- Respect and appreciate staff and volunteers.
- Wild runners may face disqualification if they arrive 10 minutes later than the official start time.
- There are 2 official start times for each category (Group 1: 8 a.m. : Group 2: 8:30 a.m.), any wild runners fail to attend their designated start time may face disqualification.
- Wild runners should fasten your number bib visibly in front of your outermost clothing. Other ways of attaching the bib or keeping the bib inside a container may lead to reading or recording error by the timing system and participants have the sole responsibility for it.
- Signages are posted along the route, wild runners must follow the official route. No shortcut is allowed. Or you will face disqualification.
- Wild runners must bring all mandatory gear along the event. A certain punishment will be given if any violation.
- Team result is determined according to the time of the last member to finish in the team. If there are fewer than 3 teams in any race category, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the category and awards assigned to the category.
- Should an emergency situation occurs during TOTEM RUN, please call the TOTEM RUN emergency hotline at 9797 9859 / 9797 7852 or 112 emergency hotline. Tell them your location by stating the number on your nearest distance post to speed up the search and rescue action.
- If you decide to withdraw at any time during the race, you must inform the volunteers at refreshment points or call the organizer’s phone number printed on your number bib. Otherwise you will be considered as MISSING PERSON, wasting our manpower and even involving the police to search for you in the hills.
- Public liability insurance is covered by the organizer. This does not include personal accident insurance. We recommend all participants to purchase your own personal accident insurance and other relevant insurance according to your needs.
- The organizer reserves the right to amend the race rules, change the race course and make other arrangements as deemed appropriate without prior notice.
- Participation in the Event is voluntary and at the own risk of participants. Each participant agrees to absolve the Organizer, Event Producer and any sponsor and/or supporting organizations from any and all liabilities arising from bodily injuries, accidents, death or other losses during or caused by travelling to and from the event venue during in the event or whatsoever reason.
- Each participant shall be physically fit and have the ability to participate in the Event. The Organizer reserves the right to disallow/disqualify any person who is known or suspected by the Organizer to be physically unfit to participate in the Event and such person shall accept such decision of the Organizer accordingly.
- Upon submitting an entry, a participant is deemed to have accepted all Terms and Conditions of the Event, the Official Rules as stipulated and also to those that may be later introduced by the Organizer.
- All information provided by a participant in the registration form must be true and accurate.
- All entries must be submitted no later than the registration deadline. Entry is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Organizer reserves the right to close the registration any time, whether before or after the registration deadline specified, without prior notification.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport, such as bicycles, skates, push carts, shoes with built-in rollers are allowed to enter the race route, except those authorized by the Organizer.
- Personalized bib name is decided by the participant. Participants will be responsible for any potential liability associated.
- All participants should register according to the age requirement of each category respectively. Offenders will be disqualified and requested to leave the race course/ event venue.
- Participants shall indemnify and/or reimburse the Organizer in respect of any additional expenses or costs incurred by the Organizer arising from or in connection with the fault or action or behavior of such Participants during participation in the Event.
- Participants must retire and leave the race course/event venue immediately if requested by any race official, medical staff, race director or security staff.
- Organizer and its agents shall have the absolute discretion to use any photograph, video or any other record of the Event for any lawful purposes including advertising and promotion of the event.
- Race Winners will be required to present their identification including HK identity card, passport or Registration Card for People with Disabilities for verification.
- No refund is allowed after registration is completed. Registration fee paid for duplicate entries will not be refunded and places are not transferable. If a participant allows another party to attend on his or her behalf, both participant and the runner who run on behalf of the participant will be disqualified and might not allowed to participate in future events.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person and / or nullify his or her result due to any violation of the Official Rules of the Event. No refund will be accommodated in the case of disqualifications (applicable to races).
- The Organizer reserves the right to reject applications of participants who has violated any of the general rules for all future TOTEM RUN or any other races organized by ROC Ltd.
- In the case of discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail. Organizer reserves the right to amend the program of the rules and regulations. Should there be disputes, Organizer reserves the right to the final decision.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
RunOurCity as Organizer; and its authorized service providers will use the information that you provided for the following:
- Announcement of results;
- Processing administrative work related to registration, including endorsement, receipt issuance, payment notice issuance, donation record and relevant event notices, etc.;
- Identifying the users or participants;
- Recording any communication with participants;
- Preventing and detecting any activities that make use of this website for fraudulent or exploitative behavior, or activities that allow third parties to provide technical support and backup work in the name of this website;
- Providing the latest updates of RunOurCity’s events and sports events;
- In an anonymous basis, conducting statistical research on this website visitor’s habits and research on visitor number, interests and browsing behavior, which can help us understand visitors’ viewing and usage habits so as to improve our service levels.
- Any other legitimate purposes as may be required, authorized or permitted by law.
The personal data provided by participants may be disclosed to other organizations for the purposes mentioned above.
We will never lease, exchange or sell the personally identifiable information that you have voluntarily supplied to us, including email address and telephone number.
EVENT CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- The race will be cancelled if no. 3 or above typhoon signal, red or black rainstorm warning signal is in force at 0:00 on the event day (5 October, 2019). Please stay tuned with the updates on the event website: totemrun.runourcity.org and www.facebook.com/totemrunhk.
- When any of the above weather warning signals are hosted or the adverse weather condition happens during the race, the Organizer reserves the right to amend the race route or cancel the event. Please follow the official instructions on-site. All registration fees are non-refundable, all proceeds, after deducting expenses, will be donated to our Beneficiaries.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or cut short the Event if blockage along the route happens because of protest, adverse conditions such as rainstorms, landslides, rock falls or hill fires. No refund of the event fee nor any charitable donation will be arranged.