To promote green race culture – The Green Earth “Green Event! Campaign”
Running is undoubtedly one of the sports with lowest carbon emission, yet, the more it gets famous among the public, the more wasteful it become. Huge amount of wastes are produced after running events, recycling is rarely seen. As there is increasing participation, the high level consumption and intensity have also brought about environmental concerns such as waste in countryside area, and an accelerated trail depreciation.
The Green Earth
The Green Earth is a new environmental organization formed by several veteran environmentalists in February 2016, is dedicated to promoting resource conservation and a zero-waste culture by changing attitudes and to turning Hong Kong into a healthy green city.
Green policy advocacy, green civic education and corporate companionship are three main working areas of TGE. By providing practical and update green information and alternatives, it aims to make individuals and business sector embrace green citizen responsibilities. “Green Event! Campaign” is her recent highlight project which promotes green culture and practice among outdoor events in Hong Kong.
To know more about The Green Earth, please visit http://greenearth-hk.org/
Green Event! Campaign
1. Provide green advice and support to race event organisers, and encourage the incorporation of green element into event planning, to achieve resource utilization and waste minimisation
2. Promote green awareness in event participants, and observe green policies as set out by organisers.
To accomplish the above goals, education on a wide and public level is required. The Green Earth invites runners to join forces and repay our Mother Earth, to protect where we go to run! Some of the programmes include:
- Collection donation of excess running gears
- “Green Runner Volunteer”- Support recycling and promotion in running events
- Pick up after yourself – Trail Cleaning
- My place, my way – Trail repairing
Target: Running / Trail Running lover, School / young athletes
Donation method 1: Basic donation during online registration
Donation method 2: Gather donation through Cloudonate, and extend the benefit to more others
Donation deadline: 23 Oct 2017